Sunday, March 13, 2011

Top 25

As you may know, I'm quite partial to lists, and today I had a look at the "25 most played" tracks on my ipod. I'm not sure what this assortment says about me, but in case you have any ideas:

- ABBA - SOS
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves
- The Pogues - Sally MacLennane
- The Pogues - The Broad Majestic Shannon
- Emmylou Harris - Born to Run
- Eels - I Like Birds
- Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger
- Dixie Chicks - If I Fall You're Going Down With Me
- Shooglenifty - The Pipe Tunes
- Eels - Climbing To The Moon
- D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better
- The Bangles - I'll Set You Free
- Take That - Shine
- Blur - There's No Other Way
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Little In The Way Of Sunshine
- The Chieftains - Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Oysterband - The Shouting End of Life
- Eels - Paradise Blues
- The Beatles - In My Life
- Tony Christie - Amarillo
- The Smiths - I Won't Share You
- The Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her
- Huey Lewis and The News - The Power of Love
- The Cranberries - Dreams
- The Smiths - Stretch Out And Wait

I don't know how ABBA made it to the top, how there are no Morrissey tracks and only one Bangles track, and how Take That got in there at all, but anyway, there it is. Have a good week :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I know rather fewer than half of those. And of those I know, one is D:ream.

For what it's worth though, you've not heard 'In My Life' unless you've heard it covered by Sean Connery.

12:16 am  
Blogger Roanna said...

hmm...interesting list...I'm beginning to formulate my playlist for the 10K...mine is currently filled with Sophie Ellis Bextor... not sure what that says about me...

9:13 am  
Blogger Stefán Ernestsson said...

Do you listen to it on shuffle a lot? I tend to find that my mp3 player seems to "prefer" certain tracks despite being set to random.

2:34 pm  
Blogger RLS said...

Stephen - I do and it seems to really like the Dixie Chicks! It's always playing them! It clearly doesn't like the Smiths. Statistically they're probably the group I should listen to the most as I think I have every single Smiths track.

Greg - they played D:ream at my wedding disco. Not sure why I remember that - I'd had rather a lot to drink and it seemed very exciting at the time. I shall look out for that version of "In My Life" though.

Sophie Ellis Bexter? Just... no!! I shall give you free access to my entire CD collection when you come to stay provided you promise to steal some of it :-) x

9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home