Sunday, June 05, 2005

Christians are doing it for themselves

If you can think of a better title for this, email me.

Many thanks to My Catholic for giving me this link which caused me much amusement during my Friday lunchbreak and kicked off a somewhat random weekend that led me to London Bridge, roaming round Borough Market and sampling Thai wine in Vinopolis (don't bother.) It is amusing and bizarre in equal measure, mainly because it's, er, for real. Yes, folks, for just $18.99 you can buy a t-shirt bearing that wonderfully Christian slogan "Don't believe in Hell? It's still there. You're still going." Wish I had a hotline to God that would give me that kind of gossip. I could make my millions fortune telling (although the problem there is they could hardly send a message back saying "you know what? You were right! And it sucks down here!" As with everything, there's a flaw.) Even better, check out "Ch rch: what's missing?" Anyone who remembers David Lundie's attempt to "Put the You back into KCLSU" should appreciate that. I'm confused, though: how often have you found yourself in a situation where the advice "Say No to Evolution"? And in case that situation ever arises, is it really worth $18.99 to get that advice printed on a t-shirt? They make it sound like Evolution is some dodgy new club drug you get offered in Camden of a Friday night. Picture the scene:
"Evolution, mate?"
To which you confidently reply:
"No" (or indeed just show him to your t-shirt.)
"Fair enough, mate. How about skunk?"
I wonder of the 1985 cast of "Grange Hill" would reconvene for a follow-up top ten hit? (yeah, er, 1985 was clearly not a great year, coming in between "Hatful of Hollow" and "The Queen is Dead" and all that.)

Anyway, have fun with the website, and have a fun week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liturgeist said...

I wouldn't put it past'em down at the Lock to start offering 'Evolution', 'Darwin', 'Tooth'n'claw' or any other variant on that theme...

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home