Friday, July 21, 2006

Summer In The City

If you're one of those people who's complaining about the heat, STOP IT!!! You know that you're truly British if you're one of those people for whom only a temperature of between about 21 and 25 will do. Any more and it's too hot, any less and you're moaning we never get proper summers. Well, I think this weather is wonderful. Even Elephant looks faintly pleasant in the sun (actually, "pleasant" is possibly going a bit far, but you get my point.)

It's actually cooler than Venice. This has not diminished my desire to go there.

Went to the "Ducklings" rehearsal yesterday, which seemed to go pretty well. For a start, "Maria" can actually do a proper Lancashire accent rather than "Standard Northern," although we had to cut the Latin prayer because she couldn't manage it, which is a shame. "Susie" looks absolutely how I'd have expected her to look, though the actress is 29. The whole thing lasts just over 20 minutes, and they are even toying with the idea of playing a bit of Moz at the beginning as Susie stands on Maria's doorstep plugged into her iPod.

I'm not sure why, since my mother is keen to point out that "it's only a scene", but I'm starting to flap about Monday. I've discovered that two of the other writers have agents, and this makes me nervous. They emailed round a biog sheet asking me to list "only your 10 most relevent credits, due to space limitations." 10?!? I have one - Soho - and most of that was drowned out by screaming teenagers. I also have visions of my worlds colliding with potetnially impressive results - boyfriend, bset friends, LGBT Soc friends, trainee vicar, mother and boss are all going to be there. This does not bode well...

I am itching all over today. Lying in bed last night I heard the high-pitched whine mosquitoes make, then, worse, heard it suddenly stop, which means the little bastard has found flesh, namely mine. I hope it's highly allergic to B positve blood.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this weather sucks. For the past three weeks I haven't been able to step out of the house without a rich stench beginning to emanate from my armpits and salt rimmed sweat circles appearing on my shirt. Shifting heavy furniture, rigging and de-rigging lights and moving washing machines about is not fun in hot weather. If I wanted weather like this I would live in fucking Spain. Bring on the precipitation, may it rain forever.

9:09 am  
Blogger RLS said...

As I suspected,my dear, you are quintessentially English :-)

But then, filling in Home Office forms for people isn't as physically strenuous as shifting furniture, so i think you have every right to moan.

Didn't need quite such a detailed description of your BO though...

1:56 pm  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

hey, did you know that as per the ancient celts their concept of hell was called "spain?" rather fits.


yay on your new play/scene/whatever you call it. as for the 10 credits thing...screw the overacheivers. frankly you could just feel cool that you are being included with these overacheivers. as for the mixed bag of peeps coming, i think you should just leave them to themselves and watch. could be fun.

7:03 am  
Blogger RLS said...

That's true, it could all be quite amusing, though potentially explosive.

I do have an odd and eclectic social circle...

3:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my best car insurance quotes site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

12:11 pm  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

ooo. you may need to do one of those verification thingies. this is why i'm sticking with haloscan.

7:55 am  
Blogger Tim Roll-Pickering said...

It's all very well saying people shouldn't complain, but I bet your skin doesn't have the problems some of us have. I burn terribly (and cream is as bad) so have to keep covered in this weather which never makes it easy.

And my flat faces west towards a building that reflects sunlight - the result is this flat gets very hot everyday. Try coming here and surviving a day!

8:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

20160105xiaodaige
lacoste shirts
ralph lauren uk
cheap football shirts
polo ralph lauren
adidas outlet
ugg boots on sale
michael kors canada
oakley sunglasses
chanel handbags outlet
air jordan 4
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
hermes belt for sale
michael kors factory online
rolex watches outlet
vans shoes
true religion jeans
mac cosmetics
air jordan 11
discount ugg boots
ferragamo outlet
snapbacks wholesale
fitflops clearance
coach outlet store
tiffany outlet
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
mulberry handbags
rolex watches,rolex,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
nhl jerseys
ray-ban sunglasses
supra shoes
michael kors handbags
rolex watches for sale
nike air max uk
ugg outlet online

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home