Wednesday, June 14, 2006

This town has dragged you down

Not impressed by the football so far. England "won", in the loosest sense of the word, that is to say, we didn't draw with those paragons of football excellence that are Paraguay because some unfortunate bloke on their team scored our one goal of the match for us. Hurrah for England.

As a result of my over-optimism, and Trinidad and Tobago's amazing 0-0 draw, I am currently fourth from bottom on our office predictor game on a measly 27 points, four points below my boss, who's doing rather well. The Italy-Ghana match was, in fact, the only one to which I have given my full attention, or at any rate, I have given my full attention to Italy's players, who are rather lovely. I can tell you everything about that match - who got a yellow card, who scored the goals, who was substituted for whom. Luca Toni and Andrea Pirlo, in particular, have my vote.

Of course, it's not only the gloriuosness of Italian men (although that's a big factor, I admit) that has set me searching for a way to move to Rome. There's the fact that London drags me down that bit more every day. Rome was absolutely the opposite, and while I realise I am at risk from sounding a little like My Catholic the idea of a three-month or so sabbatical teaching English or running museum tours for Americans (Why did they build the Colosseum right next to a main road?") is an attractive one. So, I've signed myself up for an Italian course where I work, and we'll just have to see what happens.

My life is so mundane at the moment that I don't have any news. I was furious, though, with America's empathetic response to the suicides of three of its prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, namely "it was just a PR stunt."

It might well have been. They're still dead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

yummy italian boys are lovely...and yummy. mmm. i totally support going to italy. then again, if you can't swing it, i can help you get to working on the isle of iona if you wish. hey, it's not at home.

i was going to say something else...

oh, i just met a guy named trinidad like the country. i just felt like sharing that with somebody because i think it's super cool. yay. he's a native spanish speaker and nervious about his english, so we've decided that he'll talk in english and i'll speak in spanish. i think he's doing better.

5:33 am  
Blogger RLS said...

As soon as England get thrown out of the World Cup (it's bound to happen sooner or later) I can legitimately support Italy. And supporting them on the grounds that they are gorgeous and lovely is also a legitimate reason, for I am a silly air-headed female and therefore know nothing about football :-)

My boss is Italian. Unfortunately, he doesn't look like Luca Toni.

9:15 am  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

thanks for you comment on my site. more later when i have time. no really, thanks. shall discuss lovely italians after waffles and such.

5:40 pm  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

emailed you, babe.

7:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

20160105xiaodaige
lacoste shirts
ralph lauren uk
cheap football shirts
polo ralph lauren
adidas outlet
ugg boots on sale
michael kors canada
oakley sunglasses
chanel handbags outlet
air jordan 4
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
hermes belt for sale
michael kors factory online
rolex watches outlet
vans shoes
true religion jeans
mac cosmetics
air jordan 11
discount ugg boots
ferragamo outlet
snapbacks wholesale
fitflops clearance
coach outlet store
tiffany outlet
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
mulberry handbags
rolex watches,rolex,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
nhl jerseys
ray-ban sunglasses
supra shoes
michael kors handbags
rolex watches for sale
nike air max uk
ugg outlet online

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home