Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Passion is a Fashion

Arse. I knew I shouldn't have gone on Ebay. I typed in "The Clash". You know, just out of interest. And it came up with 900 items! Ok, I thought, let's narrow it down. I typed in "Clash T-shirts" and the total came to 87. And I just got a pay rise...

Intrigued I typed in "Catholic" and to my amusement found that there are only 137 Catholic items, which makes The Clash roughly seven times more popular than the Catholic Church on the surface. (Cavalier, that was a JOKE, I am aware that it is somewhat sacrilegious to flog consecrated wafers et al on Ebay which is presumably why not many people do it.) I was however extremely tempted by the 3D Virgin mary postcard.

Enjoy this lovely sunny day.
Px

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter D. Williams said...

"(Cavalier, that was a JOKE)"

Er, Rocketleaf, I do recognise sardonic-er-ness... sardonicity, nope... sardonic comments when I see them, dontcha know? I think you know me well enough to realise I'm quite up on the whole sense-of-humour thing - well, you'd have to be to stay in the Chaplaincy for so long of a day... being a bit mad helps, too... :)

Anyway, I'm back on-line, woo-hoo! How are you?

Hope everything's going well in your theatrical endeavours, etc.!

In the meantime, I'm off back to wonderful Watford for the summer tomorrow so I'll probably see you, if you drop in, next year! Do keep in touch!

Peace be with you, take care and God bless,

Peter
x + :)

10:14 pm  
Blogger RLS said...

Hiya Peter!

I know, I know, and pointing out it was a joke was also a joke...but this is getting confusing! :-)

Nice to hear from you again. How are you? What have you been up to these past couple of weeks?

Have fun in sunny Watford

BTW, I like the neologism "Sardonicity", has a nice ring to it.

Talk soon.
Px

10:28 am  
Blogger Peter D. Williams said...

Hi Polly!

I'm good thanks! How are you (apart from the stuff that you've put up on your blog...)?

Back in beautiful Watford right now, so feeling groovy. Just about to go to a BBQ or some such, round someone's house, but if you want to know what I've been up to, I've just put a diary-like post up on my blog explaining, pretty much, what I've done in the last two weeks or so?

P.S. Heh, I like neologisms - I use a word I made up: "zephyrocentric". It means "West-centric" but that just sounds naff, so I coined this new term after the character of the Western wind in Greek mythology, Zephyr.

And yes, I think too much.

Have a lovely time in London, or wherever you currently are!

Take care and God bless, peace be with you,

Peter
X + :)

7:29 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

I think occicentric might be the correct term. But it might not.

8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home