Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

I am so unfit at the moment! In the entire period since my race I have swum 50 lengths of the ULU pool and that's it! And the pool's due to close on 31st for two months! In the meantime I feel vile and flabby and generally disgusting and horrible. It's too hot to go running, and with the exception of the odd ten minutes of yoga, I dono't exercise any more! And I loathe myself for it.

Anuway, enough self-loathing for now. Last night "Ducklings" was on at Hampstead - well, a bit of it, anyway - and the lack of swearing 14-year-olds meant it was a marked improvement on Soho. The actors were absolutely brilliant! I'm awaiting "feedback" which I will share here at some point - the only feedback I have so far is from the little in-crowd I took along with me, and that was generally good, though I did bribe them all with a bottle of wine in the interval...

Some of the other plays were excellent, in particular "False-Faced", which was very John Godber-esque, with lots of crude language which upset my mother. I then set about "networking", that is to say, I wore a short dress and precariously waved around my half-filled wine class whilst trying to be ingratiating to people from the Union Theatre and the Latchmere and (perhaps more excitingly) to Crispin Bonham-Carter.

I hope somebody will produce the whole thing. I'm flying off to Guernsey tomorrow but will send it off to the Latchmere and grill Hampstead for their feedback as soon as I get back.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Ooh, did you manage to get a chat with Crispin? Do tell all!

PS I can't believe you just described yourself as flabby Miss 8 stone, after I was able to lift you clear off the ground with minimal effort.

8:07 pm  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

whose crispin? ooo. must google

glad to hear that it went well. also glad to know that i'm not the only one suffering with the heat. see you when you get back.

5:46 am  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

mr. bingly!

5:48 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

He's much yummier in the flesh, Kat. I have been fortunate enough to sit at a table drinking wine with him while he tells me everything that's wrong with my play. Joy.

9:37 am  
Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

i'm not sure if you're sarcastic or just slightly masochistic. i can see how he'd be better looking in person than as bingley.

am i correct in assuming that helena is his sister? they don't look a thing alike.

7:57 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

A slight mixture of sarcasm and masochism I feel. Let's face it, if someone's going to do it, I'd rather it was him. ;)

10:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well cheers.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Now Cheesm - you know you're my favourite. You can diss my plays every day if you want to ;)

8:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home