Thursday, June 09, 2005

Not wishing to labour the point (although I am about to do just that) in 1966 John Lennon (somewhat tongue in cheek, I think) announced that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. Possibly a bit of a daft thing to say when you're touring the Deep South, but then, he didn't strike me as having a great deal of common sense. Anyway, for purely research purposes, I typed in "Jesus" to Ebay and it found 1028 results. These included signed photographs of Robert Powell and Jesus Christ Superstar posters. I then typed in "Beatles" and it found 5730 results. I therefore conclude the Beatles are more popular than Jesus, although I can't quite understand why. (For the purposes of comparison, Morrissey got 916 results, the Smiths 818 - interesting that Moz gets more - the Clash got 776, Blur got 866, Joan Baez 72 and The Cure 621.)

I got bored after that.

Still sunny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home