Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Last night I did something painful: I was chopping chillis and I then I picked my nose. That hurt.

And now I am in a bad mood because after writing my blog for the last half hour (I don’t get out much) an error message came up on my blog. BOLLOCKS! (and I can say that, because the Daily Mail published research today that proves that swearing is good for you. Something to do with chimps, apparently.)

Anyway, as a result of watching “The Unteachables” (like I said, I don’t get out much) I have finally found something mildly interactive to put on my blog. This test assesses how “intelligent” you are over 8 possible areas by asking you questions about what interests you and how you learn. Interestingly there isn’t a question that says “do you get bored and easily distracted when slogging your way through pointless internet quizzes”? Anyway, these are my results: shockingly, the welfare adviser with the English degree has high linguistic and interpersonal skills, though I am reassuringly crap at maths. What are your results?

Profile for user 305919:
Linguistic 41

Mathematics 19

Visual/Spatial 23

Body/Kinesthetic 30

Naturalistic 21

Music 47

Interpersonal 41

Intrapersonal 32


One of the points that is made in the programme is that kids don't learn well sitting still for five hours a day as this is simply not natural to them (I don't reckon it's natural to anyone.) This made me feel rather smug. A mate and I used to tutor kids in a primary school in Tower Hamlets, and we spent two terms writing and producing our own play. The results were amazing. Then some clever person thought it would be better if our activities were more regulated (fair enough, we were nineteen and had been given free reign over a load of over-excited six year olds for an hour a week.) We were dumped in the library and told to "read quietly" ("quiet" was not a word in these kids' vocabulary). From the first session one kid was scaling the bookshelves throwing copies of "Topsy and Tim" at us, one was running around pretending to be an aeroplane, one was telling me how big his dad was and the fourth was just looking bemused. We did our best - we were untrained volunteers - but we stopped going at the end of the term.

Remember, the test is here. Have a go and blog your results - I am feeling lonely and ignored on the blog front at the moment :-(

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linguistic 45
Mathematic 45
Visuo/Spatial 34
Body/Kinaesthetic 26
Naturalistic 29
Music 36
Interpersonal 26
Intrapersonal 40

Hmmm... I don't really know what they mean.

I don't like nature, and I don't like other people...shocker there... heh

9:11 am  
Blogger RLS said...

Well I hate nature EVEN MORE than you. Bring on global warming.

10:54 am  
Blogger Peter D. Williams said...

You read the Daily Mail?

Wow, you must be getting older!

:)

Pax tecum,

The Cavalier

(P.S. How are you? I'll do the quiz when I can - me busy too.)

3:15 pm  
Blogger RLS said...

Hey Peter,

I'm fine, thanks. And no, I should have explained that I don't read the Daily Mail! Worse, I actually heard it on the papers review on the Today Programme!

Talk soon x

4:35 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Linguistic 35
Mathematics 35
Visual/Spatial 36
Body/Kinesthetic 34
Naturalistic 29
Music 37
Interpersonal 28
Intrapersonal 34

Hmm - no extremes just average of all it seems. Sounds like me.

*Stomps off to sulk*

5:22 pm  
Blogger RLS said...

I think it just means you're a very flexible and generally intellgent person, whereas I seem to have flashes of brilliance counterbalanced with flashes of extreme stupidity.

Px

9:08 am  
Blogger RLS said...

I think it just means you're a very flexible and generally intelligent person, whereas I seem to have flashes of brilliance counterbalanced with flashes of extreme stupidity.

Px

9:08 am  
Blogger RLS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home