Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Panic on the Streets of London...

But quiet, British panic, i.e. panic with an RP accent and just a hint of racism.

My mother calls me now on every occasion that anything remotely terror-related flashes up on the news.

"They've shot someone in Stockwell. Are you ok?"
"Yes, mum, surprisingly I am at work and not tearing through South London masquerading as a male Arab."

Or, as it turned out, a Brazilian.

I went to a Christening last weekend and was the centre of attention purely due to the fact that I work a couple of miles away from where a tube train on which I never travel was blown up.

So this website kept me amused for a good twenty minutes or so. Page 5 is particularly fine.

Enjoy this lovely sunny day, and spare a thought for me in my windowless office.

Px

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home