Saturday, February 11, 2006

Well, I got a job.

In fact, I was offered two within about half an hour of one another, and am now in the happy position of having to decide which permanent contract to take up. I also have significantly less work to do on my MA, having stormed a presentation on the Evils of Advertising on Wednesday night, gaining extra marks, presumably, on the basis that I have access to a colour printer at work and can supply prettier handouts than everybody else.

On the other hand, I do now seem to have mice in my flat, or, more specifically, Mouse. What Mouse is planning on eating I don't know, since all our food is shut away in high cupboards in tupperware boxes (a precaution we took after the last invasion). This worries me, since eventually I am going to found Starved to Death Mouse rotting away in my kitchen. We have tried poison, but Mouse obviously has a bit of common sense, and didn't go for the bright turquoise powder that suddenly suspiciously appeared by the fridge.

Have taken various "Emotional Intelligence" tests. Just to show how bad these tests are, my results tange from having below average emotional intelligence to having almost genius level emotional intelligence. Hmm.

http://quiz.ivillage.co.uk/uk_work/tests/eqtest.htm

3 Comments:

Blogger Credo said...

Congratulations on job(s). Good news indeed. Which are you going to go for?

We have a similar mouse situation. S/he is occassionally spotted. Poison was similarly laid down but our mouse is likewise too bright to fall for it. We are going for some kind of electronic sonic noise deterrent thing.

For my presentation on Selection Conference, I'm giving everyone a postcard. Do you think that'll earn me extra points?

Be good... x

5:12 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Well done, missy! That's fab news about the jobs - I can just imagine you sitting there, rubbing your hands in glee, relishing the power of who to reject. ;)

Some bad news though - mice can climb. At least one that I had in a flat once could do. So make sure you keep all your food sealed tight.

And the only thing that works with them is the snapper trap - as gross as that is. Though make sure you get a good one - the mouse we had was a little bastard who was able to take the food and escape before it got snapped. Worthless piece of junk.

12:48 pm  
Blogger RLS said...

Hey Credo,

Am going to stay where I am. Well, sort of: am actually going to be moved back down to Elephant so will be haunting Guy's on a Thursday night again!

Maybe we could get a cat between us...

I think the postcard idea is great. I don't know much about it, but I guess that sort of thing would show that you are original and will therefore be a good preacher. I got a good mark for my MA presentation and I'm sure it's because on top of all the boring notes I gave people some (colour) pictures to look at.

Be good? Moi? :-)

Talk soon
xx

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home