Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Am a Freeman Born

I got a hug from Liam Clancy last night. I also got a free ticket to his show at the Bloomsbury (because it was at the Bloomsbury). The show was amazing,, although, on the downside, the audience was sober, so didn't sing as loudly as they should have done. Worryingly I knew all the words to the likes of "Wild Rover" and "Finnegan's Wake", which doesn't do much to improve my reputation re: tastes in music. Afterwards I asked him to sign my programme for my dad, who might have come had it not been for the fact that he is waiting for a hip operation, and if he sits down for more than 10 minutes he can't get up again.

I've just realised that, quite unintentionally, I am still sticking to my two main New Year's resolutions. On the health-kick front, I've started walking into work again, am still doing yoga at least once a week, and running once or twice a week. Must renew my swimming pool membership tonight...

On the running front in particular, I have, inexplicably, signed up for three charity runs this year, for Cancer Research UK, the Alzheimer's Society, and the MS Society. I am still waiting for fundraising info from the last two, but if you want to sponsor me for Race for Life, my very corny webpage is here I realise I could never be a salseman (ooh, this reminds me, much watch "The Apprentice" tonight) as I feel bad even asking people for sponsorship. If you like one of the charities, then please do pick the one you like and sponsor me, even if it's just a fiver. And if you can't spare any money, you can always come to Regents Park/Battersea Park/Hyde Park and laugh at me instead! For anyone who remembers them, I am running Race for Life in memory of Kirsty McPhee, who died in 1999, and the Hydro Challenge in memory of my granny, who died last year.

But enough soppy stuff.

Jogging on Primrose Hill and wandering to work through Regents Park has made me think twice about moving, and that, coupled with the fact that I don't enjoy hauling heavy boxes down three flights of stairs, means that for the time being I will probably stay put.

Keeping me cheerful today is the possibility that Charles Clarke, the MP who looks like he used to nick other kids' dinner money, is likely to get sacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home