Monday, February 22, 2010

Born To Run (away...fast...)

I always knew there was something suspicious about Apple. It's just that up until now I thought it was simply the fact that they are money-grabbing bastards who ensure that with every new product comes a load of new accessories which don't quite fit the old one, thus ensuring that you buy a new iPod/computer at vast expense should any of the leads/cases/chargers stop working.

But it's more than that. Apparently Apple and I are sending each other subliminal messages of some form or other. In short, THEY KNOW!!! THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME!!!

Well, maybe not everything. Not yet. That I know of... But explain to me this: following my last post I went to the gym, popped the (shiny and new complete with new acessories... I'm not bitter...) iPod onto shuffle, and in amongst the 9 tracks it "randomly" selected for me it played the following:

Emmylou Harris - Born to Run
Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
Morrissey - On the Streets I Ran

I have 920 tracks on my iPod. Only 4 (I think) of them have running in the title (the other is "Runaway" by the Corrs). Coincidence? ?!?!??!!!????!?Hmmmmmm????!

Oh wait. I remember. I'm diagnosably paranoid. Right. That explains it.

Looking forward to an evening in front of the TV watching reruns of Auf Wiedersehen Pet and MPs pretending to understand poor people; typing stats for work; washing up; musing about teapots; putting the finishing touches to a short story; putting washing away. Life continues as normal...

(...but they're still out to get me....)

Labels: ,