Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I have found a brilliant game The reason it is brilliant, though, is not because of the graphics, or the fact that it comes up with particularly ingenious words, or even that hangman is a good game to play during your coffee break. No, the reason this is so good as that the words are more often than not misspelled. For example, my poor stick man was hanged for not getting the word "dammage". So, unintentioanlly, you get two games for the price of one: Hangman, and trying to predict the workings of a dyslexic mind. So if you're bored...

We have gone survey-mad. People keep stopping me in the streets and asking me if I buy newspapers regularly or what I think of my workplace. The other day somebody even asked me if I would participate in a survey about dieting (I don't think they were insinuating anything...) London Transport is running lots of surveys at the moment and keep accosting me every time I get on the 24 bus and thrusting a piece of card at me with a load of Who Wants to Be a Millionnaire (Who Wants To Be a Commuter?)style questions on it such as "Did you get on the bus from a.) work b.) home c.) place of education d.) shops e.) a friend's house f.) somewhere else. Nobody fills them in, of course (and you feel a bit daft if you've only hopped on to go a couple of stops) but they insist you give them back when you get off as this apparently makes it a more "accurate survey". Accurate in what way? It accurately shows perhaps that people don't care. Maybe you should be quizzed about it when you get off: you did not fill in this form. was this because a.) you don't care b.) you don't carry a pen with you c.) you feel sick reading on the bus d.) you can't read e.) other (please state.) I filled mine in because I wanted to give them more paperwork.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buntifer said...

my man got eaten by a shark. What happened to the hangman?

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home