Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I remember now why I like Camden: as I was walking home today I saw two people walking down the street struggling with a huge inflatable dinosaur. I mean huge, it was about the size of four people. Now, you'd expect people carrying a huge inflatable dinosaur to either grin at you or give you a kind of sheepish, smiley "er, so, you noticed the inflatable dinosaur then?" look. Whatever the dinosaur was for, though, it was clearly deadly serious as they both had very grittily determined expressions on their faces.

I've managed to go almost a week without posting, which I think is something of a record, but I'm aware I'll be away (saving the world or trying to, anyway, in Edinburgh with the Tolkein Weirdo) all weekend, and will be busy next week as my boss is away so I will be pretending to be in charge (by which I mean I'll be in charge of the filing cabinet keys, which live in his office. Power indeed!) I could do with a weekend to myself. At the last minute last weekend I ended up at a Soho Young Writers' Group, where we had to write a scene in a day. I invented two complete gimps of which I was rather proud until I realised I had to get them to interact in some way. Which they did, just about. Might post the finished version for sheer amusement once they mail it back to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home