Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oscillate Mildly


So two weeks into this and I seem to be inadvertantly clocking up as many modes of transportation that I possibly can, from the weird to the wonderful to the downright terrifying. In two weeks I've been on planes, trains and automobiles, buses, trams and ferries, not to mention travelling a distance of around a kilometer on a very big escalator through the centre of Hong Kong and travelling on the underground networks in 3 different cities. Most excitingly perhaps was a dizzying 30-minute ride over Lantau Island on a cable car, which we were warned may experience "some mild oscillations" due to the wind that day. Now I don't know about you, but i'd rather not experience any oscillations while dangling a precarious 400 metres above the South China Sea. But maybe that's just me.

More on that later...

Labels: