Friday, May 05, 2006

Good for Blackburn with Darwen for not voting in any of the 7 BNP candidates. Shame on Pendle for voting in one.

Lbour has lost its hold on Camden for the first time in 30 years. We are now a NOC Council, so the councillors will now have to cooperate with one another (chance'll be a fine thing.)

A strange thing happened on Wednesday when I almost collided with a cyclist crossing Tottenham Court Road. This happens all the time, usually because cyclists seem to think they are exempt from any kind of road rules, particularly crossings. In this instance, it was my fault, and the cyclist clearly felt this very strongly when he stopped his bike in order to call me a "stupid fucking idiot". As he wasn't wearing a helmet, I am reassurred by the fact that at some point he will be lying at the side of the road with his head smashed in surrounded by a pool of his own blood. Who'll be the idiot then?

Interesting theory aired on Sky Far-Fetched or some such channel, namely that Jesus is the reincarnation of Buddha. This notion is based on the fact that the three blokes who visited him were actually looking for Buddha, and they found Jesus. Fair enough - I guess you would need a good excuse if you're going to go all that way. The theory then goes (and this is where it lost me) that Jesus didn't actually die on the cross but was taken down before he died and revived by Joseph of Arimethea (OK, the alternative is rising from the dead, so I'm prepared to entertain this for a bit - tell me more) and THEN, fresh from his Crucifixion experience, he went to Kashmir. Just like that. And carried on his ministry as the reincarnation of Buddha.
This website explains it all a little less cynically.

Call me a cynic, but what it doesn't address is the lack of a good public transportation system between Galilee and the Indian Subcontinent in 33 or so AD.

Jesus: Is this the stop for the number 19 bus?
Annoying Galilean Transport Official: Yeah, mate, but you just missed it. There'll be another one along on about 2000 years.

And that would put me off going, quite frankly.

Off to Battersea Park to compete in a sack race. As one does.

Charles Clarke is STILL still here, but I am keeping my eye on the Guardian website.